Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] terryspencer2003@yahoo.ca is offline

Default Loading Excel Arrange into VBA array

I have a procedure that loads a 2D dynamic excel range inot a VBA
array.

Range("xlEntireXlArray").Activate
With Range("xlEntireXlArray")
ExcelRowCount = .Rows.Count
ExcelColumnCount = .Columns.Count
UploadArray = .Resize(ExcelRowCount, ExcelColumnCount)
End With

The VBA array will always represent the dynamic excel range.

What if I want more control over the columns with the excel range that
actually get loaded into the array. Assume the excel range is 10 rows
by 15 columns. But I do not want all 15 columns in the VBA array. If
I only wanted columns 1-5, and 7 (6 columns) loaded into the array, is
it possible to load these columns individually? How would you write
the 6 different load statements? I am not looking for a form here
that gives me the option of picking columns. I will want to do this
manually with code.

Secondly when I now pull these 6 columns into my VBA array, I want the
second dimension of my VBA array to be larger than the number of
columns I pulled in. Say I want it to be 20 elements across instead
of just 6. Do I just simply dimension it for 20? I want it to be
large because I want to do some additional calcs and store the values
in the VBA array.

TS