Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rod[_6_] Rod[_6_] is offline

Default Finding strings within strings

Hello everyone!

Can anyone help me to determine how to do this: I need to
write a macro that will search certain cell to find
specific strings that cell *may* contain. For example,
say I would like to know exacly what fruits from the group
{"apples," "bananas," and "pears"} are listed in each
cell. Then, if a cell contains the text "Today I had
apples for lunch," or "Yesterday I had pears for lunch,"
the macro would return "apples" or "pears," respectively.

Any clue? Thank you very much in advance.