Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Wylie Steve Wylie is offline

Default Search all sheets

I need a short macro that will search all sheets in the
active workbook for a certain string of text, and when it
finds it, it stops at that point on that sheet.

I asked a question of this newsgroup some time ago about
doing a Find & Replace operation across multiple sheets,
and got a reply, but I cannot figure out how to amend the
macro to just find and not find and replace. Could
anyone suggest how I could alter the macro below just to
do a Find on multiple sheets?

Thanks, Steve

The following macro will loop through all of the sheets
in the workbook and remove every occurrence of 1, and
replace it with 2, just for example.

Sub ReplaceAll()
On Error Resume Next
Sheets(1).Select
For i = 1 To Sheets.Count
Cells.Select
Selection.Replace What:="1", Replacement:="2",
LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Next.Select
Next i
End Sub

The On Error Resume Next line prevents the error
developed when the last sheet is encountered and
the .Next.Select line tries to execute, which it can not,
since it is at the last sheet already.