Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
D.S.[_3_] D.S.[_3_] is offline

Default Query AS400 and unknown character

I'm using Excel to query an AS400 library file. The query is returning a
combination of numerical and alpha-numerical values. When I use VLookup to
find specific data that was returned by the query, the VLookup does not
recognize the values as they "appear" to be. There is apparently an
additional character in the value that is not apparent. I've tried
searching the data for the infamous Alt-0160 character, but I'm not finding
that. Any ideas as to what's going on, or how to compensate for it?

D.S.