Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve[_50_] Steve[_50_] is offline

Default Converting MouseDown Coordinates to Chart Point Coordinates

Hi,

I want to respond to a user drawn box on an Excel chart. I can get
the X & Y coordinates of the box using the MouseDown or MouseMove
event, but they are in something called ClientCoordinates. I can
develop a formula to convert from ClientCoordinates to those required
to add a Shape to the Chart, but if the zoom is changed this formula
does not hold. Does anyone know how to convert from ClientCoordinates
to points on a chart so that a shape can be drawn by mousing over the
chart, regardless of zoom?

Steve