Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harald Staff Harald Staff is offline

Default copying cell text to non-Microsoft application

Hi John

This works well here (but so does manual selection and Ctrl C):

Range("A1").Copy

with a formula in A1 and Ctrl V in Notepad it pastes the formula result.

You might have a look at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm
for more controlled manipulation of the clipboard.
--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please.

"John C" wrote in message ...
Hi - i'm trying to copy the contents of a cell to the clipboard (so that I
can then paste it into a non-Microsoft program). When doing it manually,
selecting and copying the cell itself doesn't work - instead I need to 'go
into the cell' and select the text and copy it. How can I do this with VBA?

As an added twist, the cell contains a formula that concatenates text from a
number of other cells (to create a unique code). I actually need to copy
the result of the concatenation to the clipboard.

TIA, John