Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
yarmulke yarmulke is offline

Default A Function to Compare Values

Hi There!

I’ve got a basic/intermediate level question for the experts.

I have an excel Workbook, where “Sheet1” has a list of my inventor
items I’m selling in column A. “Sheet 2” has a list of the items whic
are out of stock listed in column A. I’m trying to write a functio
for Sheet1 which will input a cell, and then search Sheet2 (out o
stock) for that value, and then output “Out of Stock” or “In Stock
into the formula cell. I put a copy of the sheet at my website a
http://www.elghomearts.com/Products/Test/Book1.xls

So far, I have modified the Find action in excel and tried to get
TRUE/FALSE value out, but it isn’t working properly.

Function Finder(x)

'Compares Inventory List to Out of Stock List

Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Finder = Cells.Find(What:=x, After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas
LookAt _
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext
MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
End Function