Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default userform titlebar and closing form

That should be as easy as

Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
'Prevent user from closing with the Close box in the title bar.
If CloseMode < 1 Then Cancel = 1
cmdExit
End Sub

If cmdExiit is a button on the form, you would call the Click event and it
would then be

Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
'Prevent user from closing with the Close box in the title bar.
If CloseMode < 1 Then Cancel = 1
cmdExit_Click
End Sub

Either of these work?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"D.S." wrote in message
I would like to run my "cmdExit" procedure here, if the user clicks the
close button, but I haven't had any luck. I get a syntax error. Can a
procedure be ran from here?

Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
'Prevent user from closing with the Close box in the title bar.
If CloseMode < 1 Then Cancel = 1
' < I would rather call my cmdExit procedure here, and omit the
following line
frmDataEntry.Caption = "The Close box has been de-activated! Please
click the exit button below!"
End Sub

D.S.

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
DS,

You can use the QueryClose event procedure to catch the form's
closing via the 'X' button.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"D.S." wrote in message
I would like to prevent the user from closing a userform by

clicking the 'X'
on the right side of the titlebar. I need to force closure by

using a
command button, and running an exit procedure. Is there a

property setting
that will prevent this / or run the exit procedure when the 'X'

is clicked?

D.S.