Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default userform titlebar and closing form

Use the form's QueryClose event. This has 2 arguments, Cancel and CloseMode.
CloseMode tells you where the close originates from.

vbFormControlMenu 0 The user has chosen the Close command from the
Control menu on the UserForm.
vbFormCode 1 The Unload statement is invoked from code.
vbAppWindows 2 The current Windows operating environment session is
ending.
vbAppTaskManager 3 The Windows Task Manager is closing the
application.

You can test this, and if it's from an unload statement, close else cancel

Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
Cancel = CloseMode < vbFormCode And CloseMode < vbAppWindows

HTH

Bob Phillips

"D.S." wrote in message
I would like to prevent the user from closing a userform by clicking the

'X'
on the right side of the titlebar. I need to force closure by using a
command button, and running an exit procedure. Is there a property

setting
that will prevent this / or run the exit procedure when the 'X' is

clicked?

D.S.