Bob Phillips

Assuming that the dates are in A2:A100, amounts in B2:B100, you can use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(A2:A100,"mmm")="Jan"),B2:B100)

etc.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Pjcan1" wrote in
message ...

I have an excel spreadsheet which I use each month to record work done,
each entry has a date and a value in £'s associated with it.
What i'd like to be able to do is have a seperate field for each month
which would just provide a sum of the amounts to date in that month
taken from the individual entries made.
The issues i have are
i) There are a different number of individual entries each month, one
month it may be 5 the next 15
ii) I'm reasonably inexperienced with anything other than the basic
excel and I don't know where to start with this

--
Pjcan1
Pjcan1's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=378924