Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Scampa7[_7_] Scampa7[_7_] is offline

Default Excel97 workbook crashes after changes to columns

I have been working on an Excel97 workbook (in NT4). This workbook has
main sheet with various formatting added by a Worksheet_Chang
procedure. This sheet is basically a database with about 60 columns an
500+ rows. There are a number of other sheets, but I have not made an
changes to these.

All had been fine until I attempted to remove a column within the dat
area, and add another two columns to the left of it. I also added
columns at the end of the data area. When I tried to open the workboo
after saving and closing, it crashed with an 'access violation
application error.

I have since tried removing all locked cells and protection from th
sheet, and saving again but it still crashes when I try to open it.

Any ideas on finding this problem would be very gratefully received