Rob Turnbull

Hi there,

I know how frustrating it can be when your so close to a solution, but
you just can't quite make it.

I have a solution below which i belive is fairly straight forward for
you to implement. If you have any problems/questions then please let
me know.

----------Solution----------

In a new separate column add the following formula

=MONTH(XX)[/b] WHERE XX IS THE CELL THAT HAS THE DATE IN FOR 1 ROW.

ONCE YOU HAVE DOWN THIS COPY THIS FORMULA DOWN THE SHEET SO THAT FOR
EVERY ROW THAT HAS A DATE IN YOU ALSO HAVE THIS FORMULA. THIS FORMULA
IS TELLING YOU THE NUMBER OF THE MONTH THAT CORRESPONDS TO THE ENTERED
DATE (SO JAN = 1 AND DECEMBER =12)

FORUMULA

*=SUMIF(AA,B,CC)

whe

aa is the new column that we created above
b is the month you wish to sum (so if you want to see teh sum for march
enter 3)
cc is the column that has the value that you wish to sum

If you do this i belive that you will solve your problem. If you have
any further problem please let me know, and i can post a demo sheet
with the solution explained above

Best regards,

Rob Turnbull
[b]Sortoutmyexcel.com*