Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default COMPUTE CHANGE IN PRICE BETWEEN CELLS IN A ROW

Steven,

It depends where you measure the change from. For instance, if A2 holds 25
and A3 holds 20, then the movement could be -20% if measuring from 25, and
25% if measuring form the 20.

For this, I will assume we are measuring the change from A2. The formula
then becomes
=1-(A2/A3)
and format the result cell as percentage.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Steven R. Berke" wrote in message
om...
I have a list of weekly prices for three years in column B starting a
Cell B2 and ending cell A177. I would like to have a formula which
calculate the percentage change between the figure in cell A2 and the
figure in cell A3. Then I would like to be able to copy the formula in
cell A3 down to cell A177 to get the percent change between the figure
for all the rest of the cells.