Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Macroman Macroman is offline

Default Dialog Sheet not updating

Basically as follows

One workbook with a dialog sheet named "SetUp" opens 2 other workbooks of
data and compares them.

As the VBA code cycles through it places the current record progress (
1of2000, 2of2000,3of3000 etc) on a cell location within sheet 1 , lets say
cell reference A1.

On the Dialog Sheet "SetUp" I have inserted a text box and within it I
entered =Sheet!1A1 , something like that.

If I type "Progess 1 of 2" in cell A1,no code running no dialog active,the
info is changed on the Dialog Sheet when I view it (not run it), so far so
good.

But if the Dialog is Activated and the Macro is cycling through, the Dialog
Sheet text box is not updating. I know the cell is updating because I
dragged the dialog box out the way so I can see the VBA cycling through the
records ( 1of2000, 2of2000,3of3000 etc).

I have even tried writing directly to the text box with
DialogSheets("SetUp").textboxes("txtProgess").text ="Progress 1 of xxxx"

But the text box is still not being updated with a new value.

What do I need to do , to get this text box on my dialog sheet to update as
cell A1 updates, I dont remember having this problem in earlier versions of
Excel.

Current version is Excel 2K

thanks

Macroman