Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Clicking 'Cancel' on an Input box

Chris

See alterations in-line for one method.

Gord Dibben XL2002

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:59:01 -0600, Big Chris
wrote:

Please can anyone help....

I have a button that a user clicks on which brings up a validation code
box....a vb input box.
Everything seems to work perfectly except if the user clicks on
'cancel' or the red cross to close the box. In this case it interrupts
the macro revealing a sheet which should be 'veryhidden'!!
Would anyone know what code I need to cause clicks on the Cancel or
Red cross to just close the input box and finish the macro??

I feel like I may just be missing a single line of code or something
but I'm new to vb and just can't find it.

The code I am using is below.

Many thanks,

Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.EnableCancelKey = xlDisabled
MyNum = InputBox("Please enter your 8 digit validation code")

If MyNum = "" Or Not IsNumeric(MyNum) Then
MsgBox "You clicked cancel or did not enter a number"
Exit Sub
End If
Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = True
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
If CLng(MyNum) = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A3").Value Then
Application.OnTime Now, "Deletebutton"
Else

MsgBox "Number is incorrect"

End If

Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Range("A1").Value = MyNum
Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden
Sheets("Setup Sheet").Select