Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Converting time to numeric number

If you want to enter the actual time in the formula itself you'll have
to do it like this:

=24/(TIMEVALUE("8:00:00")*24)

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"brazpearl" wrote in message

=24/(8:00:00*24)
Slaes divided by times to get sales per hour yes but an error message
comes up
if you are talking like this then there is an error.
the hours need to be in this format 8:00:00 and then converted to this
format 8 a whole numeric numer or a decimal number for your formula to
work.

Again thanks for the effort. I will keep trying any suggestions.