Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson[_2_] Chip Pearson[_2_] is offline

Default Global Variables Not Accessible

John,

If you edit the code after the variables are set, their values
will be reset. Perhaps this is the root of your problems.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"John Baker" wrote in message
The code looks like this:

Public wbpath As String
Public timesheet As String
Sub auto_open()
'
' auto_open Macro
' Macro recorded 11/25/2003 by John H Baker
'
wbpath = ActiveWorkbook.Path

timesheet = ActiveWorkbook.Name
'
Sheets("input").Select
Range("a1").Select

ChDir wbpath

End Sub

This module works fine, but others dont appear to pick up the

variables.

Regards

John Baker

"Colo" wrote:

Hi,

In standard module...like this.
if possible let us have your code.

Public wbpath As String

Sub Auto_open()
wbpath = "C:\Excel.xls"
'your code

Colo
http://www.interq.or.jp/sun/puremis/...astersLink.htm

"John Baker" wrote in message
.. .
Hi:

I am trying to define two global variables, thus:

Public wbpath As String
Public timesheet As String

My problem is that this set of commands isn't executing. I

set the values
in auto_open
macro, and these two commands are right before the auto_open

macro, but
the value of
wbpath isnt recognized by subsequent macros.

Where should I put them to ensure that they execute at

startup of the
spreadsheet?

Thanks

John Baker