Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vasant Nanavati Vasant Nanavati is offline

Default How to hide Excel's Top Menu Bar

CommandBars(1).Enabled = False

--

Vasant

"Hotbird" wrote in message
On occasions, I need to display a single page (of a multiple page
spreadsheet) full-screen without any embellishment.

My code for the relevant sheet is appended at the end of this post, with
Application.DisplayFullScreen = True and ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs

=
False doing the "work". This almost gives me what I want, except that the
top level menu bar (FILE, EDIT, VIEW, INSERT, FORMAT, TOOLS, DATA, WINDOW,
HELP) remains - and is needed at all other times. Is there a VBA method

hide this unwanted item?

Option Explicit
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Application.OnKey "{F5}", "TypeF5" ' PREVIOUS QUESTION
Application.OnKey "{F6}", "TypeF6" ' NEXT QUESTION

Application.DisplayFullScreen = True
ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = False

End Sub

Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
Application.OnKey "{F5}"
Application.OnKey "{F6}"