Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Todd Huttenstine[_3_] Todd Huttenstine[_3_] is offline

Default Storing Variables

Hey guys,

I always use cells in a sheet to store variables, usualy the active sheet.
However, I am finding that as I create more and more programs and attempt to
expand them for more usability, that I am running into problems where my
variables are getting in the way. In most cases, in order for me to expand
usability/features of my programs, I am having to move my variables so the
code I write does not overwrite them. This takes time because I have to
then go all through the entire code and specifiy the new cell location of
the variable. This increases the probability that I will make a mistake,
and then my code will not work.

There has to be some other way or alternative...
Is there anyway I can store variables in a module or something in the actual
VBA code instead of cells in a worksheet. I still will use some cells in a
worksheet to store variables(theres no way around that), but I would also
like to have them stored in a module or something in my actual VBA code.

For instance, I have a value in cell A1 that changes based on certain
conditions, and I use this value as a reference for other functions in my
VBA code. Is there a way to have this value(variable) stored somewhere in a
module where I can simply reference that module variable instead of always
having to reference the actual cell to find the value? This way if I need
to put something in cell A1, I can without having to move the variable in
cell A1 and then having to go all throughout my code and re-specifiy where
to look for that variable.

I hope this is clear.

Thanx in advance
Todd Huttenstine