Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Howard Kaikow Howard Kaikow is offline

Default Excel 2003 VBA Help not working when automating via VB 6

My account is part of the Administrator group, so that should not be the
problem.

Rather than creating shortcuts, I start an instance of Word/Excel, in
addition to the VB 6 design window.
But this is a crock that MSFT needs to fix ASAP.

--
http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.
"Jezebel" wrote in message
I've met this problem, too. Never tracked it down to ultimate causes, but

it
seems to relate to the way in which the products were installed: eg if you
installed everything as Administrator, then run things as a plebeian user
(or vice versa?). Quick fix is to find the help files and create desktop
shortcuts. Doesn't fix the F1 issue, but at least the help is readily to
hand.

"Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
In a Win 2000 system, among other things, the following are installed:

1. VB 6 Enterprise.
2. MSDN October 2001 Library
3. Office 2003 Professional
4. VS .NET 2003 Professional.

When I highlight a VBA statement, and hit F1, or enter, say,
Collapse, in the object browser, I get a message that says "Unable to
display Help".

I realize that the MSDN Oct 2001 library has nothing for Office 2003.
How can I get VB 6 to display Help for Office 2003 critters?
The critters get listed in the object browser, but no help can be

obtained

--
http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.