Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jaf jaf is offline

Default linerar/integer programming problem

http://www.woodbin.com/docs/software...m#2D%20cutting

http://www.delphiforfun.org/Programs/CutList.htm

--

John

johnf202 at hotmail dot com

"ben h" wrote in message
Hello, from maths pygmy.

I can describe this problem in words, but not put it into any mathematical
form. Can someone help by suggesting a method for solving it with xl
spreadsheet?

A client of mine sells lengths of aluminium window parts at 6.5 m length.
He has customers who want to buy it at various lengths, in various
quantities, and want to reduce the amount of wastage. E.g.:
30 lengths at 1 m, 25 at 1.5, 25 at 2. How can you work out the smallest
amount of 6.5 m lengths to buy to achieve this? (i.e. the least amount of
wastage)

Sorry for the lameness of the question, but he's a good client and thinks
I'm a whizz with computers just because I design his web-site. I hate to
disappoint.

--
Ben
(check my email address before sending)