Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul Paul is offline

Default Two cells into one

"Steve Wylie" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with, amongst other things, two
columns filled with people's names. They are in the
format FirstName, LastName, so for instance column A
contains "John" and column B contains "Smith".

I need to create a new column with "John Smith" in. And
the same for all the records down the whole sheet. In
other words a cell combining the values of the first two
to create the whole person's name.

I tried this with a formula but due to my limited
knowledge of Excel, it didn't work. (=A1 + " " + B1).

Can this be done with a formula or do I need a macro to
take the value of one cell, add a space and add it to the
value of another, then put the resultant into a third
cell?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Steve Wylie

You were almost correct!