Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Haldun Alay[_3_] Haldun Alay[_3_] is offline

Default Look up Headache

Hi,

Did you try Pivot Table feature of Excel. You can easily group your data with Pivot Table.

--
Regards

Haldun Alay

To e-mail me, please remove AT and DOT from my e-mail address.

"Chris" , iletide sunu yazdi om...
Hi,

I have a question and tried to find it through the history of the
groups but no avail. The problem is this, please see example of my
data sheet.

Customer Depot Pallets

Customer 1 Town 1 12
Customer 1 Town 2 11
Customer 2 Town 3 12
Customer 2 Town 3 19
Customer 1 Town 1 7

I Need a look up table that can produce results as per below

Customer 1 Town 1 19
Customer 1 Town 2 11
Customer 2 Town 3 31

Thus performing a two reference lookup on Customer, then Depot to
produce a sum of the total pallets under these conditions.

Please can someone out there help me with this problem as its starting
to get annoying and really could do with sorting it.

Many thanks in advance,

Chris