Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Shetty Shetty is offline

Default Need help with IF statement ! ! !

Thanks for your reply.

I have corrected the code but still it gives the error that range of
object worksheet failed. (Run time error 1004)
Here is the code. Macro hold at set master line.

Dim master As Range
Dim ind As Range
Set master = Range(B18).Value ====== here macro stops with
highlighting
this line with yellow colour====
Set ind = Range(C18).Value

If master(cell.Value) = ind(cell.Value) Then
MsgBox "Sagregation is OKEY"
Else: MsgBox "Please check the details again. There is an error"

When I put courser aerrow at this lie on master it shows
master=nothing and when put curser on B18 is shows b18=Empty with a
small yellow lable.
Simmilarly with ind and C18.

Can you please point out where I am misteking?
Regards,
Shetty

----- Dan E wrote: -----

Shetty,

Your if statement is set up to be a simple if ... then, if you
want to include
any elseif's or an else

If master(cell.Value) = ind(cell.Value) Then
MsgBox "Sagregation is OKEY"
Else: MsgBox "Please check the details again. There is an error"
End If

Dan E

"Shetty" wrote in message om...
I have a summary sheet which gets data from the other sheets.

Cells B17 and C17
gets value of count from the different sources. I was writing a

macro that when
run along with another macro check the value of both the cell

and shows message
box accordingly. But it shows error that ===== Else without If

====== Code is
given below.

Sub final()
Dim master As Range
Dim ind As Range

Set master = Range(B17)
Set ind = Range(C17)

If master(cell.Value) = ind(cell.Value) Then MsgBox

"Sagregation is OKEY"
Else: MsgBox "Please check the details again. There is an

error"

You can see that the If is already there but compiler cant see

it. It seems a
silly question but
Can any one help please?
Regards,