Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Ben Taylor[_2_] Ben Taylor[_2_] is offline

Default AddIn Project for Excel

how will he 'lose' it?

"Stuart" wrote in message
Excluding the Function question, you may care to consider
the security question.

It is my understanding that VB6 offers greater protection
than any Excel version.

Excel addins can be circumvented via password breaking
programs (readily available on-line).

On the other hand, VB6 / COM Add Ins can be de-compiled
(I believe).

I guess it's down to how valuable you perceive your code to
be.

Ultimately, I suspect you will lose your code.

Regards.

"Craig Buchanan" wrote in message
What is the value of the VB6 Addin project over a regular COM object if

simply want to expose 6 functions for use in Excel?

It appears that I need to create 6 stub functions in Excel in either

case.

I could simply build all of the logic in Excel (instead of the two

options
above), but I would like to secure the code.

Can anyone share their insights on this matter?

Thanks,

Craig Buchanan

---