Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
German[_2_] German[_2_] is offline

Default Open Dialogue Box to a certain folder?????

That is an awesome idea, but I am not using a structure of
"C:\something\something else\ etc\", I have to use something like
"\\somehting\something else\" any ideas on how to do that, the problem
is that all users might not have same mapping.

Thanks,

G-.

"Stuart" wrote in message ...
Might this be of use?

ChDrive "C"
ChDir "C:\Something\something else\etc\"
vFilename = Application.GetOpenFilename _
(FileFilter:="Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls", _
MultiSelect:=True) 'MultiSelect to let user choose
'more than one file
If TypeName(vFilename) = "Boolean" Then
MsgBox "No file was selected"
Exit Sub
Else
'do your stuff here.

Of course this does not stop the user browsing to
anothe folder!

Regards.

"German" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know how to open a dialogue box that will open to a
specific folder of my choosing?? I am able to open the dialogue box
but it defaults to the last folder that was used.

The code I am using looks like this:

'Filt = "All Files (*.*),*.*"
'Title = "Import Routine"
'FileName = Application.GetOpenFilename(Filt, 5, Title, True)

Thanks in Advance

G-.

---