Default NETWORKDAY function problem - starting on weekends

Hi,

I have used the function that Chip Pearson has supplied on his website
which calculates the difference between 2 dates. My problem is just
when the first date I supply to the function is on the saturday or the
sunday then it adds another day to the result.
example : 28-MAY-05 08:30 till 30-MAY-05 11:15

The time I want is on the 30th (Monday) from 9:00 till 11:15 but I get
an extra day and 7 hours using the formula.

Workhours is from 08:00 till 17:00 on a week day.

If the time started is before 8:00 on a Saturday I can change it to the
friday 17:00 and then the formula works again, but after 08:00 on a
saturday I am back where I started.

The other options is to create 2 new start and end date columns with
only working dates, but I will need to evaluate each date first to see
if it is a weekend and then get the next wotking day at 8:00 .

Any ideas how I can get around that if the range starts or ends on a
weekend or how I can test for a working day on a date supplied ?

Regards
Lourens