Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Ring Dave Ring is offline

Default Semi-log graph?

Just use a scatter plot from the chart wizard. Once it's created, you
can set either axis independently to be a log scale versus a linear
scale. Double click on the axis you want to change and choose the scale
tab of the dialog box.

Dave Ring

Don Wiss wrote:
Here at home I have Excel XP. I'd like to make a semi-log graph. This is a
graph with a log y-axis, and non-log on the x-axis. In this case I have
dates on the x. Semi-log is used to show rate of change. Going from 10 to
11 is a 10% increase. Likewise going from 100 to 110 is 10%. The semi-log
will show both of these with the same slope.

Going to my graph options I could only find a log, which seems to make both
axes log scales. I could in Excel convert to logs, but a semi-log is a
pretty standard graph and should be an option.

Don <donwiss at panix.com.