Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
steve yuchs steve yuchs is offline

Default Array Help

I currently am using excel to gather data from an
instrument that is used in the lab. I can paste the
results from the instrument program into an excel sheet
using the paste special link, and the instrument program
will automatically update the sheet using a DDE. The
problem is it keeps overwriting the same cell (where the
pastespecial link is placed). The instrument program is
writing the data out in an array, and every time I try to
do anything to the array, it says you cant modify it. I
would like to just grab the first line of the array, and
move it to another worksheet. Then when the DDE updates, I
would like to have the second worksheet move down a row and
write the next piece of data. Can someone please help an
inexperienced excel user out. Thanks in advance.