Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dianne Dianne is offline

Default I am a little confused with the VLOOKUP results I am getting....

IIRC, sorting only matters when you are NOT returning an exact match.
Because you've specified FALSE as your 4th argument, VLOOKUP is
returning an exact match, so sorting is irrelevant.

--
HTH,
Dianne

In news:Qsrwb.293341$Tr4.926743@attbi_s03,
Phillips typed:
I have the following

=VLOOKUP(E2,'Finished Results'!E:F,1,FALSE)

It is working fine, just I am not getting quite the results I was
expecting!

According to the help, I should have the ref table sorted by the
feild I am looking for. In this case, even with out it sorted, I seem
to be getting the correct results!

Am I missing something here? Do I need to sort the data? Is there
something wrong in the help file?

Thanks
Phil