TMF in MN

I still can't get this to work. My reference cell is actually in column E
and my 'table' to look up column E data is in column P,Q,R.
Column P should match the data in column E and insert the value (name)
entered in Column R. The reference chart (P,Q,R) is a separate table but on
the same worksheet.

The fomula I adapted from bj's response is:
=VLOOKUP(E6,$P$6:$P$152,3,FALSE)
I get a N/A result in Row 6 and #REF! when I copy the formula down.

What am I doing wrong? Is the column Q messing me up?
Does my reference data HAVE TO be in Column A or in the first column of the
chart?
Does all data have to be in one chart? On Separate worksheets?

I'm sorry!
Thank you!

"CLR" wrote:

Looks like a type-o..........replace the # with $

=Vlookup(A1,$D$1:$E$3,2,false)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"TMF in MN" wrote in message
bj,
Thank you for your fast response. I got an error message, am I missing a
set of parenthesees or something?

THANK YOU!

"bj" wrote:

try in B1
=Vlookup(A1,$D$1:#E$3,2,false)
copy down to B3
"TMF in MN" wrote:

A B C D E
1 1 x 1 Oranges
2 1 x 2 Apples
3 2 x 3 Grapes

If A1 matches any cell in D1 - D3, enter value in the matching E

column into
B1.
Something like ... if A1= D1:D3, then E1:E3.. but I can't get it to

work.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
TF