PilotNeedsHelp

Thanks, Don. This did work, and I thank you for your time and expertise!

"Don Guillett" wrote:

how about this macro which could be a change_event macro in the sheet module
to make it automatic when you enter something in range(e4)

Sub newtotals()
Range("f4") = Range("f4") + Range("e4")
Range("e4").Clear

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"PilotNeedsHelp" wrote in message
Hello and thank you for at least attempting to answer my question.

I am a pilot, and I am attempting to create a running hours, dollars &

cost
per hour log in Excel for each aircraft I fly.

My goal is to have a simple sheet wherein I enter the total of hours in

one
unprotected cell, the total dollars spent in the next unprotected cell;

then
press the "UPDATE" button that has a macro assigned to it; and the sheet

will
add the today hours to the existing protected total hours cell, add the

today
dollars to the existing total dollars, and then clear the unprotected
data-entry cells.

I am not sure if this is just too simple, or just too hard; I am pretty

good
with Excel, but am stumped here.

Thanks again for at least attempting!