Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Christian S. Snook Christian S. Snook is offline

Default Development hours (off topic)

Can anyone refer me to any articles/sites giving costs
and/or development hours of popular packaged software?
It would be great if I could find out hours for anything
like Win95, Win2000, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.

Management at my company has a difficult time believing
us when we say it will cost 2 years and 30,000+ person
hours to develop a system from the ground up. In their
minds, we should just slap the forms together and "how
hard can it be?"

So far, all I've found is a blurb stating that MS Windows
1.0 took 110,000 programming hours.

Thanks!
Chris