Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default How to change cell colors based on an IF statement formula?

Conditional formatting does NOT allow references to other worksheets BUT you
can give the other worksheet cell a name like basecell and then use in cell
d14
formatconditionalformattingleft drop select formula istype in
=d14basecell*1.01
or whatever.set formats desired.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Tom Woolman" wrote in message
om...
Hello. I am trying to do a simple color-coded exception report in
Excel and can't find any decent documentation on cell formulas (the
online help in Excel 2000 is kind of arcane).

I am trying to compare a cell value on two different sheets. If there
is a variance = 1% across the two cells, then I want to say "= 1%
variance exists, AND I want to change the cell color to red.

So far, here's the formula I am using. I don't think I am doing the
variance calculation correctly, and I can't figure out how to change
the cell color after I change the cell text to "1% variance exists".

=IF(sheeta!B2-sheetb!B2=ABS(1%),"1% variance exists","ok")

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Tom
email: