Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Using Arrays as Data for a Chart Series

there must be some confusion in the help file:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...53&Product=xlw
XL2000: Cannot Use Array as Source Argument with SeriesCollection

work around code is included.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...87&Product=xlw
XL2000: Cannot Use Array of Data Points with Extend Method

Tom Ogilvy

"mphare" wrote in message

According to the Excel 2000 online help, the *Add* method for a
-SeriesCollection- can accept either a *Range* of objects or an *Array*
of data points.

In my case an Array will be easier to use, so I tried:

Code:
--------------------

row = 3
col = 10
Dim myArray(20) as double

for n = 1 to 20
myArray(n) = cells(row, col + n)
next n

myChartObject.Chart.SeriesCollection.add source:= myArray
--------------------

When the *add* executes I get a "Run-Time error 1004: Reference is not
valid" error message

The previous code looked like:

Code:
--------------------

row = 3
col = 10

set fCell = cells(row, col + 1)
set lCell = cells(row, col + 20)

myChartObject.Chart.SeriesCollection.add source:= range(fCell, lCell)

Which worked fine, it just not versital enough for some convoluted,
dis-jointed, non-contigious series I'm trying to put together. Filling
an array would be much easier.

Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong?