Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
onedaywhen onedaywhen is offline

Default Combo box issue when attached to projector

Have you tried the _Click event? The _AfterUpdate event only seems to
appear when the container is a userform.

--

(Ed Vance) wrote in message . com...
You were right on the cause, thanks. I put code in the
_DropButtonClick event,
and it works in a way. The first time you click on it, the combo box
gets huge, then whe you click on it again it returns to normal size
and stays that way for the life of the spreadsheet. I tried doing it
on the change, but that didn't work. I saw in the help file and
AfterUpdate event, but I cannot find this even t anywhere. Does it
really exist?

(onedaywhen) wrote in message . com...
I think this is a bug with ActiveX controls on a worksheet.

I got this effect recently with comboboxes from the Controls toolbox
on a worksheet. It happened when I changed the screen resolution, via
Control Panel, while the workbook was open. IIRC if I quit Excel,
changed the screen resolution and then went back in it didn't happen.

In summary, In other words, don't change the screen resolution while
Excel is open. If you are not manually changing the screen resolution,
perhaps connecting the projector is doing it implicitly.

Before I discovered the cause, my workaround was to resize the control
to its initial size and position in the _DropButtonClick event. I was
also resetting the font size and font name because these seemed to be
similarly affected.