Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Elliott[_3_] Ian Elliott[_3_] is offline

Default why can't 'Do While Each Cell in Range...'?

Thanks in advance.
I have some code that finds the first non-zero cell in a
row:
Dim cell as Range
RowNumber=1
For Each cell In Range("D1:" & ActiveSheet.Range
("D65536").End(xlUp).Address)
If cell = 0 then
RowNumber = RowNumber + 1 'increase by one row
Else
Exit For
End If
Next
But I figure I could get this down a line or two by:
Do While Each cell in Range("D1:" & ActiveSheet.Range
("D65536").End(xlUp).Address) < 0
RowNumber=RowNumber+1
Loop
But I get a syntax error (the line goes red) when I type
in the above Do While...
Is the 'each' code useable in Do Whiles?
If not, is there something else I can do?
Thanks again!