Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
marty marty is offline

Default Comparting two excel sheets ...

You can accomplish this task two different ways that I
know of. You can create a pivot table to create a report
of the two spreadsheets. You will then need to create a
report a report to display the integrity of the combined
data. Your question is to broad to explain how you would
do this.

Or, you can link (not import) the Excel worksheets into
Access and create a query to display the discrepancies
and/or matches. Because the worksheets are linked, any
changes to the Excel workbook will be realized real time
in Access.

It is much easier, by far, to do what you are asking, in
Access. Honestly, I don't mean to say it's impossible to
do in Excel but to me it's like trying to put a square peg
in a round hole. You can do it if the hammer's big enough
and you pound long enough.

Marty