Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tørres K. Brøvig Tørres K. Brøvig is offline

Default Sharing a workbook

I have the following scenario:

Everyday we dump some data from a Oracle database to Excel. To format this
workbook I have written some code and saved it in the global workbook (my
users only press a button to format the text).

I have also some code which activates workbookshaing before the file is
saved:

With ActiveWorkbook
.ConflictResolution = xlLocalSessionChanges
.KeepChangeHistory = False
End With

With ActiveWorkbook
.AutoUpdateFrequency = 5
.AutoUpdateSaveChanges = True
End With

This works very well on the machine where I create the file. I can verify
that the settings are correct under toolsshare workbook...

BUT...When I open the workbook on another machine the workbook is shared,
but the settings for updatefrequency is set to default. And then I can`t get
the two-way communication as I wantet. The user on the other machine have to
manually save the workbook to see/send updates to other users who have the
workbook open.

Is it possible to write some code in the global workbook that automatically
create code under the current workbook - (Private Sub Workbook_Open())?

If it is possible this code will be executed when the file is opened no
matter on what machine.

Hope you got the point. My english isn`t that good

Regards

Tørres