how can I select a range of cells based on a value of a cell?

Old June 26th 06, 09:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how can I select a range of cells based on a value of a cell?

I import an excel table from another application.I want to make a macro to:
1.sort table -it'easy
2.from sorted table to select a range of cells until a value from sorted
table is matched.This is the problem.
3.copy selected range in another sheet-it's easy.
Thanks,
Old June 26th 06, 04:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hello grigoras:

To perform number 2, here is some sample code. (Assuming that the value
you want to match is in cell D1, and the values you are comparing against
are in Column A, beginning in Row 1.)

Sub findmatch()

'sets up row counter
Dim c As Integer

'intiate counter
c = 1

'beginning of data to look for match
Cells(1, 1).Select

'looks for match
Do Until Cells(c, 1).Value = Cells(1, 4).Value

'increments counter
c = c + 1
Loop

'selects range
Range("A1", Cells(c, 1)).Select

End Sub

I hope that helps. Please post if your question was answered.

Cheers. thechilipino.