How do I change formula results by changing the text color of the

Old May 30th 06, 11:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I change formula results by changing the text color of the

I'm working with times (0:00:42) on Excel 2003, and cannot make a time go
negative (0:00:42 - 0:01:00). I figured out how to change the text color of
the number if the number should be negative. I now want to know how to
create a formula that is dependant on the text color of the numbers. I would
like to add the black numbers and subtract the red numbers. Is there anyone
that knows how to do this? Or better yet, is there a way to make a time go
negative?
Old May 30th 06, 11:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pull-down:

Tools > Options > Calculate and check 1904 date system near the bottom
--
Gary's Student

Old May 30th 06, 11:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you switch to the 19043 date system , Tools>Options>Calculation, 1904
date system checkbox, you can get negative dates.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

Old May 30th 06, 11:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's 1904, not 19043. Even Excel hasn't got there yet <g>

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

Old May 31st 06, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I change formula results by changing the text color of

Wow, thanks for the answer, Gary's Student and Bob. This makes my job a lot
easier!