-   -   How do I change formula results by changing the text color of the (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/91337-how-do-i-change-formula-results-changing-text-color.html)

bailfire13

How do I change formula results by changing the text color of the

I'm working with times (0:00:42) on Excel 2003, and cannot make a time go
negative (0:00:42 - 0:01:00). I figured out how to change the text color of
the number if the number should be negative. I now want to know how to
create a formula that is dependant on the text color of the numbers. I would
like to add the black numbers and subtract the red numbers. Is there anyone
that knows how to do this? Or better yet, is there a way to make a time go
negative?

Gary''s Student

How do I change formula results by changing the text color of the

Pull-down:

Tools Options Calculate and check 1904 date system near the bottom
--
Gary's Student

"bailfire13" wrote:

I'm working with times (0:00:42) on Excel 2003, and cannot make a time go
negative (0:00:42 - 0:01:00). I figured out how to change the text color of
the number if the number should be negative. I now want to know how to
create a formula that is dependant on the text color of the numbers. I would
like to add the black numbers and subtract the red numbers. Is there anyone
that knows how to do this? Or better yet, is there a way to make a time go
negative?

Bob Phillips

How do I change formula results by changing the text color of the

If you switch to the 19043 date system , ToolsOptionsCalculation, 1904
date system checkbox, you can get negative dates.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"bailfire13" wrote in message
I'm working with times (0:00:42) on Excel 2003, and cannot make a time go
negative (0:00:42 - 0:01:00). I figured out how to change the text color

of
the number if the number should be negative. I now want to know how to
create a formula that is dependant on the text color of the numbers. I

would
like to add the black numbers and subtract the red numbers. Is there

anyone
that knows how to do this? Or better yet, is there a way to make a time

go
negative?

Bob Phillips

How do I change formula results by changing the text color of the

That's 1904, not 19043. Even Excel hasn't got there yet <g

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
[...]

Wow, thanks for the answer, Gary's Student and Bob. This makes my job a lot
easier!