Group by count formula

Old November 7th 04, 07:44 PM
nobrabbit

Default Group by count formula

Working with vehicle reservations, I need to determine how many times a
certain model vehicle is reserved. For example, I have a column titled
"model" where the reservationist can put in Taurus, Windstar, etc. I
need to chart the data showing the models by group and then how many
times the vehicle within that group was reserved. Ex: one axis would
chart the different groups and the other the count within the group.

That's all I need to chart; the group and the count within the group
and I'm having a heck of time trying to figure out a formula for it.
Thanks for any insight you guys can give me, nobrabbit.

--
nobrabbit
nobrabbit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16177

Old November 7th 04, 09:10 PM
Ken Wright

You should really do yourself the favour of looking at Pivot tables

Failing that check out the SUMPRODUCT function for counting/summing more than
one criteria

Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"nobrabbit" > wrote in message

> Working with vehicle reservations, I need to determine how many times a
> certain model vehicle is reserved. For example, I have a column titled
> "model" where the reservationist can put in Taurus, Windstar, etc. I
> need to chart the data showing the models by group and then how many
> times the vehicle within that group was reserved. Ex: one axis would
> chart the different groups and the other the count within the group.
>
> That's all I need to chart; the group and the count within the group
> and I'm having a heck of time trying to figure out a formula for it.
> Thanks for any insight you guys can give me, nobrabbit.
>

> --
> nobrabbit
> nobrabbit's Profile:
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=276064