Can you insert a graph inside another graph? if so how?

Old June 7th 05, 04:04 PM
Jim Smith

Default Can you insert a graph inside another graph? if so how?

I am trying to insert a graph into another graph. Is this possible?

Jim
Old June 7th 05, 08:01 PM
Andy Pope

You can embed multiple chartobjects into a chart sheet.
Press F11, making sure the cells surrounding the active cell are empty,
this should then create a blank chart sheet. If you then have some
charts on a worksheet these can be embeded in the empty chart sheet. To
do this right click a chart on the worksheet and click Location... From
the As Object In dropdown list select the chart sheet.

I don't believe you can embed chartobjects within chartobjects though.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Old June 8th 05, 05:49 AM
Jon Peltier

> I don't believe you can embed chartobjects within chartobjects though.

No, but you could make one smaller than the other, and put it in front
of the larger one (z-order).

Or you could copy the small one as a picture, and paste it into the
larger chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP