Drawing attention to difference in bar chart

Old April 15th 10, 01:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Krissy

Default Drawing attention to difference in bar chart

Hi there

I have a pair of financial data I was tracking over 3 years.
Now I put them in a bar chart to show both values: I ended up with 3*2 bars,
which is great.

Now I need to highlight the growing difference between each pair over the 3
years.
Is there any way I can do that?

I don't want to add a 3rd bar to each pair with the difference, as it is not
too big so the effect won't be too visual.
However, the trend is growing: from 7% on the first year to 30% in the 3rd
year. And that's what I'd like to show off.
How can I do that within the same chart?

Thank you,
KF
Old April 16th 10, 01:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier[_2_]

If you're plotting vs time, you might find a line chart more effective.
Plus a line chart has the option of adding up-down bars, which draw a
box from the first to the last line chart value at each X axis category
(or date). These up-down bars sound like what you want to display.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.