A Microsoft Excel forum. ExcelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ExcelBanter forum » Excel Newsgroups » Excel Discussion (Misc queries)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

How do I change the color of the cell pointer?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 22nd 09, 06:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
I Stevens
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default How do I change the color of the cell pointer?

When I do a search of a particular entry, it's very difficult to identify
where the cell pointer is because it's in black and I have gridlines on my
spreadsheet. Is there a way that I can change the color of the cell pointer
to help with quickly identifying the search result?
Ads
  #2  
Old October 22nd 09, 07:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,819
Default How do I change the color of the cell pointer?

Change the Color of the borders you applied.

I Stevens wrote:

> When I do a search of a particular entry, it's very difficult to identify
> where the cell pointer is because it's in black and I have gridlines on my
> spreadsheet. Is there a way that I can change the color of the cell pointer
> to help with quickly identifying the search result?


  #3  
Old October 22nd 09, 08:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Megan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 56
Default How do I change the color of the cell pointer?

Have you tried changing your pointer in the Control Panel then select Mouse
options. There should be a tab to change your pointer.
--
If this has helped you, please click Yes

Thanks,
Megan


"I Stevens" wrote:

> When I do a search of a particular entry, it's very difficult to identify
> where the cell pointer is because it's in black and I have gridlines on my
> spreadsheet. Is there a way that I can change the color of the cell pointer
> to help with quickly identifying the search result?

  #4  
Old October 22nd 09, 08:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
I Stevens[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default How do I change the color of the cell pointer?

Unfortunately, its not the mouse pointer that I need to change. Its the cell
pointer. The cell pointer is the heavy outline that indicates which cell in
the worksheet is selected. Right now the outline is in a dark black.
However, sometimes when I am doing a search I don't see it right away. I
kind of have to visually search the worksheet to find where the cursor is at.

"Megan" wrote:

> Have you tried changing your pointer in the Control Panel then select Mouse
> options. There should be a tab to change your pointer.
> --
> If this has helped you, please click Yes
>
> Thanks,
> Megan
>
>
> "I Stevens" wrote:
>
> > When I do a search of a particular entry, it's very difficult to identify
> > where the cell pointer is because it's in black and I have gridlines on my
> > spreadsheet. Is there a way that I can change the color of the cell pointer
> > to help with quickly identifying the search result?

  #5  
Old October 22nd 09, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
I Stevens[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default How do I change the color of the cell pointer?

Are you stating that there is no way to change the color of the actual
cursor? But it would be easier to just change the gridlines that I currently
have in place.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Change the Color of the borders you applied.
>
> I Stevens wrote:
>
> > When I do a search of a particular entry, it's very difficult to identify
> > where the cell pointer is because it's in black and I have gridlines on my
> > spreadsheet. Is there a way that I can change the color of the cell pointer
> > to help with quickly identifying the search result?

>
> .
>

  #6  
Old October 22nd 09, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,819
Default How do I change the color of the cell pointer?

Yes the "gridlines" you place on the sheet are called borders.

I Stevens wrote:
> Are you stating that there is no way to change the color of the actual
> cursor? But it would be easier to just change the gridlines that I currently
> have in place.
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>
>
>>Change the Color of the borders you applied.
>>
>>I Stevens wrote:
>>
>>
>>>When I do a search of a particular entry, it's very difficult to identify
>>>where the cell pointer is because it's in black and I have gridlines on my
>>>spreadsheet. Is there a way that I can change the color of the cell pointer
>>>to help with quickly identifying the search result?

>>
>>.
>>


  #7  
Old October 27th 09, 04:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
I Stevens[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default How do I change the color of the cell pointer?

Thank you for your answer. However, I have to disagree with you on the fact
that gridlines and borders are not exactly the same. Gridlines are
automatically incorporated into all spreasheets which divides the spreasheet
into series of columns and rows. Borders are not automatically incorporated
into the spreadsheets, yet is within the user's control to add borders to
darken the gridlines. I know the difference.

My concern is having a way of changing the cell pointer or the cursor's
color to quickly identify its location. If it is not possible than I will
make other arrangements to the actual spreadsheet as you previously suggested
in changing the color of the borders to my spreadsheet.

Thanks again for your help.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Yes the "gridlines" you place on the sheet are called borders.
>
> I Stevens wrote:
> > Are you stating that there is no way to change the color of the actual
> > cursor? But it would be easier to just change the gridlines that I currently
> > have in place.
> >
> > "Bob I" wrote:
> >
> >
> >>Change the Color of the borders you applied.
> >>
> >>I Stevens wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>>When I do a search of a particular entry, it's very difficult to identify
> >>>where the cell pointer is because it's in black and I have gridlines on my
> >>>spreadsheet. Is there a way that I can change the color of the cell pointer
> >>>to help with quickly identifying the search result?
> >>
> >>.
> >>

>
> .
>

  #8  
Old October 27th 09, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,819
Default How do I change the color of the cell pointer?

Yes Gridlines and Borders are different. The way you referred to them
lead me to believe you had specifically placed borders on the sheet. You
may elect to show Gridlines or not, and and cell with fill will not
have them(they will be hidden). So use borders if you want some control
over the appearance.

I Stevens wrote:

> Thank you for your answer. However, I have to disagree with you on the fact
> that gridlines and borders are not exactly the same. Gridlines are
> automatically incorporated into all spreasheets which divides the spreasheet
> into series of columns and rows. Borders are not automatically incorporated
> into the spreadsheets, yet is within the user's control to add borders to
> darken the gridlines. I know the difference.
>
> My concern is having a way of changing the cell pointer or the cursor's
> color to quickly identify its location. If it is not possible than I will
> make other arrangements to the actual spreadsheet as you previously suggested
> in changing the color of the borders to my spreadsheet.
>
> Thanks again for your help.
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>
>
>>Yes the "gridlines" you place on the sheet are called borders.
>>
>>I Stevens wrote:
>>
>>>Are you stating that there is no way to change the color of the actual
>>>cursor? But it would be easier to just change the gridlines that I currently
>>>have in place.
>>>
>>>"Bob I" wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Change the Color of the borders you applied.
>>>>
>>>>I Stevens wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>When I do a search of a particular entry, it's very difficult to identify
>>>>>where the cell pointer is because it's in black and I have gridlines on my
>>>>>spreadsheet. Is there a way that I can change the color of the cell pointer
>>>>>to help with quickly identifying the search result?
>>>>
>>>>.
>>>>

>>
>>.
>>


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need to set pointer to change a cell(s)with 1 click mash Excel Worksheet Functions 0 February 3rd 09 08:58 PM
Mouse pointer (arrow) change color? robert morris Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 February 14th 08 03:32 PM
Excel: Syntax to change cell color based on color of another cell davew18 Excel Worksheet Functions 1 January 4th 07 01:24 PM
cell pointer color change go2laj Setting up and Configuration of Excel 0 March 26th 06 11:49 PM
Color change - Cell Pointer Danny Excel Worksheet Functions 0 August 25th 05 05:08 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.