Error message "cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet"

Old June 13th 09, 05:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CDelphi

Default Error message "cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet"

- I "inherited" an Excel template at work, author unknown (v2003 SP3).
- I get a sporadic error message when I try to insert a row or copy/insert a
row.
- Suggested fix most often does not work. Sometimes it resolves by itself.
- I don't know what I am doing to cause the error, nor how to fix it when it
happens
- I am stuck and need help from someone familiar with this issue. Thanks.

Error message: "To prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Office Excel
cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet. Try to locate the last
nonblank cell by pressing CTRL+END, and delete or clear all in cells between
the last cell and the end of your data. Then select cell A1 and save your
workbook to reset the last cell used. Or, you can move the data to a new
location and try again."
Old June 13th 09, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

The "suggested fix" was??

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 09:45:01 -0700, CDelphi

Old June 15th 09, 06:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CDelphi

From the error message: "Try to locate the last nonblank cell by pressing