How to create collapsible sections in Excel

Old May 21st 09, 10:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tess

Default How to create collapsible sections in Excel

Hello,
I'd like to be able to create collapsible sections in an Excel worksheet
(2003).
So a column would appear down the left-hand side which would have the
equivalent of + and - that could be clicked to expose/hide the rows within a
specified range.
Has anyone done that?
Thanks for any tips.

Old May 21st 09, 11:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In xl2003 menus, I can use:

Select the rows to group
Data|Group and outline|group

Use data|Group and outline|settings if you want the "button" on the top (or
bottom).

Another option would be to apply Data|Subtotals to your range. You'll get those
outlining symbols and even a subtotal row between each group.

Old May 22nd 09, 12:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Tinker around ..
Select the rows/cols, then click Data > Group and Outline > Group/Ungroup
--
Max
Singapore

Old May 22nd 09, 02:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR

And while you're "tinkering around", as Max suggests,
here's some keyboard shortcuts:

Select the Row or Column range, then;

To group,
<Shift> <Alt> <RightArrow>

To ungroup,
<Shift> <Alt> <LeftArrow>

To retain the Groups, but toggle hide/unhide the symbols,
<Ctrl> <8>
Using the "8" that's under the function keys, *not* from the num keypad.
--

HTH,

RD