in excel I wish to show 7:30 (7 hours 30 minutes) as 7.5 hours

Old May 9th 09, 12:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gerry

Default in excel I wish to show 7:30 (7 hours 30 minutes) as 7.5 hours

in excel I wish to show 7:30 (7 hours 30 minutes) as 7.5 hours, can I enter
7:30 and have the cell with a formula change it to 7.5
Old May 9th 09, 01:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy_N1708 via OfficeKB.com

Are you trying to calculate elapsed time?

Old May 9th 09, 01:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use another cell to hold this formula:

=a1*24
and format as general (or number)