How to show brackets around a negative number

Old April 3rd 09, 12:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Afsha

Default How to show brackets around a negative number

I have a negative number in a math calulation in Excel. I would like the cell
to automatically put brackets around this or to be able to format it this
way.... I have gone into Format/Cells/Number, but cannot find a way of doing
this here....

Any suggestions?
Old April 3rd 09, 12:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DILipandey

Hi Afsha,

Go to Format Cells - choose Number - >Under negative number section...choose
fourth one. Thanks.
--
Click on Yes, if it is useful.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Dilip Kumar Pandey
MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.)

New Delhi, India

Old April 3rd 09, 01:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want the ()'s to show up for negative numbers in the format|cells|number
tab, you'll have to change a windows setting.

Windows start button|control panel
regional and language options
regional options tab
click the customize button
currency tab
change the negative currency format to show ()'s.